Monday, May 6, 2013

Chronicles of a food monger


Well, this is how it started, asking mummy for food first thing in the morning without doing nothing! Anywayz, food has taught me so many lessons, from getting caught fapping kpomo to coping with food mongers who were always eager to eat my share...So this is me finding my way into the hearts of other peoples pots and my reaction before the sitdown...

Today I journeyed into G.R.A Ikeja (actually i do that everyday of the week, cuz I kinda work in G.R.A) to a place formerly known as Sandra's Bar, {popular for its adventurous ladies of the night}, now Continental Bar, it serves as home to a mad tasting amala joint. I must admit, at this point I really don't care how much sweat goes into that amala @ the point of preparation; all I know is that I want it wiv some ila {okro} and gbegiri with some egufe to go...

Now the amazin' thing is some people really don't think this combination is ill, but as far as I am concerned, its the bomb. The ruff texture of amala coated with draw draw okro and iru {aka dawadawa} and just a lil touch of mashed beanz transformed into gbegiri....jst GRAND, the stew is thick and nice, plus its jst the right amount.
   I hear that the great city of Ibadan is the best place to enjoy this meal, but sumthing tells me that this guys will give Ibadan a good run for their money, cos after 2 okele's of amala in this heavenly mixture, you'll forget the arrogance of the ladies serving and the fact that u're having this meal in a very hot weather...
   So for me, I rate them 5 spoons.....Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Mouth watering write up, got me heading to Continental Bar. Good job

    ReplyDelete