Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Alhaja Moment



 Pati rice....That red, sweet tasting formulation that brings great women under a tree to achieve one goal. "Alhaja's yoruba pati rice", this one different.....This is how it started, Friday 3rd of may, 9:30 pm, I notice my landlady's toyota highlander outside the compound. 'Twas unusual, so I popped open the gate to see her with a legion of gangster looking women with weapons of steel in their hands stirring large pots…OMG, its on, {party wan happen so o!} Joy was what I felt cos when Alhaja is cooking outside, I should be expecting a big bowl of food… Well, Thank God, they were almost done, I could smell that lovely flavoured pati rice and all I wanted was my share of the fun; turns out alhaja's son was getting married the next day, not like I planned to attend, buv that food wasn't leaving this compound wivout me having a go at it. 
Alhaja's my very lovely landlady that takes care of boys, no doubt I was gonna have a fill, but to my surprise, an hour later, the flames and firewood were out….ah! Wetin I do alhaja na? Abi my rent no complete?…….12:30 no show, omo sleep hard me that night ooo

  7:30 am, sat morning, Am up. Ran straight to the balcony, omo the ladies are back o, cooking like they work for Unicef. the way things are this morning, no need to make breakfast na, this food must show today. So I went down to greet Alhaja. "Alhaja, Eku ise" and her response was "SHOKO, I'M BRINGING YOUR OWN O"…….Abeg imagine how I felt…..
   
Anywayz, 3 hours later that morning {hunger don nearly kee me} alhaja made it up to me with a big bowl of that firewood cooked, rich tasting DERICA RED party Jollof rice and ram. Chai! See Groove….no time o, na to lock door before boyz show.
  On-point, Alhaja's food has never failed to impress me. I've always found it interesting that Yoruba pari rice tastes the same way, since i was a kid... how them dey take do am sef, especially in this lagos? Some trade secret i guess…Abeg jst incase u sabi the recipe, abeg help ur bouy  
 
  Well, Alhaja's Red Alert Jollof Rice has 7spoons in my longer-throat rating, the rice wasn't sticky, plus the thing sweet die and most importantly, she na my Landlady…Cheerz!        

No comments:

Post a Comment